It just dawned on me that I've been sooo busy, that I haven't stopped to wish all of my friends a Happy New Year. Please accept my apology and know that I wish you all the best this year and every year. My advice to everyone, Do You. Whatever makes you happy, Do it. Stop living your life, making choices based on others needs and wants.
Moving on...
Marital status is a funny thing. I don't really know why it matters whether you're married, single, divorced, or widowed. And honestly I don't know the difference between single and divorced. I was at the doctors office today and they asked me and I said single. They said, we have you as married. And i'm like, i'm sorry its Divorced. And of course the next question to follow is "How old are you?" and random other 'you look like a baby' comments. Which use to get under my skin until I realized that I'll be even more bangin when I turn 35.
Another question i'm going to answer while I have your attention... Everyone wants to know how I feel now that the divorce is final. My answer... BitterSweet. Bitter because no one gets married with the intent of getting a divorce. And even if you are the one who filed, it still hurts. Sweet because deep down inside, I know what I have to offer a Man. And if he's not Man enough to be able to accept what I have to offer than I'm positive that there's someone out there who is. And Sweet because all of me that I let go of trying to be a good wife and do Whatever it took to make my Husband happy, I can now get back. I'm finding out though, that this process is going to be harder than I thought because I allowed myself to become totally dependant upon him. Don't get me wrong, that Is Not a bad thing. As long as it's for the right person. I told a good friend of mine that my divorce was final and he said that he was going ot pray for me and those 'boys'. I just had to laugh at that. Now I sit with fingers crossed, hoping that I am able to recognize a real man when he comes along and that I am able to be the woman that I know I am, checking all baggage at the door.
I have been working and living in Columbus a total of 2 1/2 months now. And in that time I've learned that I am more spoiled than I thought I was. Things didn't exactly work out for me the way I thought they should've and I was Not happy with that. I won't go into detail about how much of a brat i've been but I will say that i'm over it. Okay, Okay! So i'm Mostly over it. I'm working, I move into my apartment on February 8th and I've met alot of new people. Deep down inside I love a challenge. When people tell me that I can't do something or urge me to give up, it only makes me try harder. So thanks to those who told me to quit.
And lastly, Everyone keeps asking me what my new years resolution is. Truth is, i'm constantly setting goals for myself. I don't wait around until the new year to start doing things I want to do or to start making changes that I want to make for myself. Because after all, it IS Now...
or Never.
~Sweets

No comments:
Post a Comment